Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Readers anonymous

Jonah follows in his brother's footsteps when it comes to books. Every day I have to clean up a pile of books from his bedroom bookcase browsing. All weekend long Braeden read his "deadly animal encyclopedia" with a few others mixed in. He thanked us twice yesterday for getting him that book. And as always his library pick was on animals, bats. Did you know one bat has ears long enough to be curled up when sleeping? He and Jonah have been chasing each other around the house playing, much more interactive than before. We've played hide and seek lately, it's so fun. Jonah and I count together (he gets about half the #s right) and hide together too. He caught on quickly to keeping quiet while B looks for us. Brian played some too last night and really stumped the boys. We played memory, with 76 pieces! The first time, Braeden beat me 3:1. It was embarassing, I was not trying to let him win! When Brian joined in it was obvious that Braeden's memory comes from him. He beat Braeden by one pair. Speaking of memory, in the car a few days ago, a song came on and Braeden said, "I remember this song, it's the one we used to bounce to on the ball at our old house (we've lived here 3.5 years). Remember on the computer it showed the lines matching the music." (I'd hold him on my lap and bounce to the music while he watched the little decibel read out on the screen).

No comments:

Post a Comment