Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend at home. Saturday it turned out to be quite nice, today it rained (opposite of the forecast) which crimped our plans a bit. We went kitchen appliance shopping Sat afternoon, which was unpleasant but at least out of the way. Sunday we planned on going to Braeden's favorite pumpkin patch, but with the rain we changed our minds. Instead he and Brian assembled the crib while I picked up a couple items for the nursery. A few details remain, but I want it finished before I start getting too tired. Braeden had a ball rough housing with Brian tonight. As he was getting ready for bed he gave Brian the biggest hug. I asked him if he would be able to share daddy with the new baby, and he said yes then turned to Brian and said "you have to be careful with babies, they're fragile." Such a conscious on this kid.
I took him to the library earlier in the week and he said he wanted to get a math book like daddy. He's been counting everything, often in Spanish. (Bri is taking spanish and math classes currently). I caught him adding and subtracting his matchbox cars. He wants to know how to say everything in Spanish (which is good practice for Bri) and answers everything in sign language which they are learning in school. We also spent an afternoon this week reading Brian's Popular Science magazine. He is his father's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment