Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Jonah the baker

Jonah loves to help me bake. Any time I get the mixer out, he runs to grab the stool to join me. He loves to dump in all the ingredients. It's very cute (except when he dumps the sugar -twice- on the floor and counter).
Jonah was super thrilled to get a baseball lesson from our neighbor. He beamed with pride.

He's been keeping us on our toes. Last night, he said "I wish I was bigger." When I asked why, he said it was so he could get his own water and ice (from fridge...he splashed himself in the face last week). He loves to help with everything and wants to feel like a big kid. I gave him "homework" to do while I help Braeden complete his homework, which eliminated his competing for attention. He likes to use starfall.com to practice his alphabet (which has really improved his ABCs). After his first day he could use my laptop mouse no problem and now can work independently. We've been going to library storytime regularly and he's now singing those songs all day long and likes to retell his experience to B and Dad. He also seems to share an interest in numbers with them. He's been interested in number oriented books for several months. Today on our stroller ride, he kept repeating numbers. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was reading numbers... the house numbers. He did the same at Costco with the posted prices. I really am outnumbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment