Wednesday, November 09, 2005

New gig!

Well, after being back at Cingular (AT&T Wireless) for just over 2 years, I have recently changed jobs. I accepted an engineering position with Openwave, working out of our local Bellevue office. For those of you who've never heard of Openwave, they make a lot of the infrastructure and core platforms that cellular carriers use to operate their networks, as well as software that is resident on devices. Think of all the things that a cell phone can do aside from voice, and Openwave is directly involved in making software and platforms that make it happen. Text messaging (SMS), picture messaging (MMS), and web browsing are all examples. At any rate, I'm very excited about the new opportunity, as I feel it will give me a chance to diversify my technical background into some other areas, which is always a good thing in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment